Within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Development Lab, the Center for Digital Development (CDD) addresses gaps in digital access and affordability and advances the use of technology and advanced data analysis in development. DAI’s Digital Frontiers project works closely with the CDD’s Knowledge and Insights (K&I) team, which leads the Center’s work in knowledge management, communications, and training.
The K&I team hosts the exciting Digital Development Awards, which recognize USAID activities effectively using digital technology to accelerate development and humanitarian assistance impact. They also disseminate a weekly reader/digest that tracks digital development opportunities and publish the Digital Download, an annual report highlighting the Center’s work over the past year.
Today, Digital Frontiers releases a request for proposals (RFP) for experienced organizations to work with Digital Frontiers and USAID’s K&I team to implement these three activities. Digital Frontiers prefers to engage one firm to implement all three activities, however, it is possible to submit a proposal for one or two activities only.
Digital Development Award winner, the Digital Inclusion in the Peruvian Amazon project. Photo by Jack Gordon for USAID.
Who Should Apply?
DAI is looking for organizations with the following qualifications:
- Previous experience working with USAID
- USAID branding and marking knowledge
- Project manager with experience working with the U.S. Government, preferably USAID
- Familiarity with digital development
- Previous experience writing and publishing reports, blogs, publications, newsletters, online digests, communications plans, and social media toolkits for an international development audience
- Previous experience formatting and designing USAID publications
- Experience with designing and implementing innovation competitions/prizes
- Experience in event management, as well as travel planning and logistics
- Ability to work under tight timeframes and successfully meet deadlines
More information on qualifications and how to apply can be found here.
Proposals are due November 8 at 5pm EST to [email protected]. Questions regarding the RFP are due October 25 by 5pm EST to [email protected]. If you are interested in receiving updates and further communications regarding this RFP please email [email protected].
Digital Frontiers is a $74.4 million buy-in mechanism available to USAID Bureaus and Missions from 2017-2022. DAI implements the Digital Frontiers project, which works closely with USAID’s Global Development Lab (GDL), the CDD, USAID Missions, the private sector, and international and local development organizations to identify successful and sustainable digital development approaches and scale their impact globally.