Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies, although still relatively new concepts, are garnering a vast amount of interest in international development across sectors and geographies. The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)’s Center for Digital Development (CDD)’s Strategy & Research (S&R) team published a report in 2018, “Reflecting the Past, Shaping the Future: Making AI work for International Development”, based on extensive research on this rapidly growing field.
USAID would like to translate the report’s recommendations into an actionable format so the lessons and good practices are accessible to USAID program staff and implementing partners that may have limited familiarity with, nor time, to devote to the topic.
Today, the Digital Frontiers team has released a request for proposals (RFP) for qualified firms to work with Digital Frontiers and USAID’s S&R team to create a modular, field-ready guidance product that translates findings from the report into concise, practical guidance for USAID staff and partners.
Photo courtesy: Save the Children.
Who Should Apply?
DAI is looking for organizations with the following qualifications:
- Advanced technical expertise in the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies in development required.
- USAID experience required; U.S. Global Development Lab/CDD experience a plus.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience creating field-ready practical guides/materials/tools preferred.
- Previous experience formatting and designing USAID publications preferred.
- Previous experience in website design preferred.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes and successfully meet deadlines.
More information on qualifications and how to apply can be found here.
Digital Frontiers is a buy-in mechanism available to USAID Bureaus and Missions through 2022. DAI implements Digital Frontiers, which works closely with USAID’s Global Development Lab (GDL), CDD, USAID Missions, the private sector, and international and local development organizations to identify successful and sustainable digital development approaches and scale their impact globally.