Have you used digital technology to promote locally led development? Have you safeguarded digital ecosystems by facilitating access to digital infrastructure for marginalized populations, securing internet freedom and human rights, exposing violent extremism, countering misinformation and disinformation, or strengthening cybersecurity?
The Technology Division of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)’s Innovation, Technology, and Research (ITR) Hub is pleased to announce the launch of the 2022 Digital Development Awards (the Digis).
The Digis recognize and celebrate USAID projects and activities that embrace the Agency’s vision of advancing locally led development through efficient, effective, and responsible digital initiatives that enhance security and economic prosperity, consistent with the values of respect for individual rights, freedom of expression, and democratic norms and practices.
Applications are open to USAID-funded projects and activities that have (1) directly deployed a digital technology or suite of technologies or (2) provided support to digital ecosystem actors to extend digital technology access and/or uptake.
Learn About Recent Digi Award Winners
- USAID Indonesia Human Resources for Health in 2030 (HRH2030) Program strengthened the human resources for health information system and its ecosystem to provide real-time quality data for strategic use, while also supporting policy development that addresses challenges in the health workforce and contributes to better public health outcomes overall.
- USAID Kyrgyz Republic International Development Law Organization (IDLO) Judicial Strengthening/Trusted Judiciary Program created and helped to implement a holistic electronic justice initiative that strengthens the integrity of the justice system, minimizes corruption, and enhances transparency.
- USAID Pakistan Small and Medium Enterprise Activity (SMEA) supported small and medium enterprises by offering information and communications technology (ICT)-enabled solutions and helping businesses harness digital potential through a service provider network and overall regulatory reform.
- Regional Development Mission for Asia’s Oceans and Fisheries Partnership (USAID Oceans) created electronic catch documentation and traceability technologies for data capture from point-of-entry to port entry, improving the sustainability of fisheries in ASEAN and Coral Triangle Member Countries and protecting the livelihoods of people who directly depend on marine ecosystems.
- USAID Ukraine: Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services Activity (TAPAS) for helping to advance an electronic procurement system for government purchases and an anti-corruption watchdog network—bringing transparency to a previously opaque public procurement process and reducing corruption in public spending in Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2022 Digi Awards must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on Friday, June 3. For more information on eligibility and to apply, please visit https://www.usaid.gov/digital-development/digis.
Reach out to [email protected] with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!